New Home Completion Competition
Prince County Sponsor - Castle Spring Valley Building Centre
Prince County Sponsor - Mid Isle Electric
Prizes by County:
First Prize: $300.00
Second Prize: $200.00
Third Prize: $100.00
Any residence (domestic, modular, or mini home) which has been recently constructed at its present location. Only the exterior of the home is evaluated. The addition of landscaping, gardens, fences, lawns and other criteria noted below, that increases the visual appearance and overall curb appeal of the home will be scored accordingly. Entries in this competition are open to residents of rural PEI, incorporated communities and towns (excluding Charlottetown & Summerside). Construction must be completed by September 01, 2022.
Judging will take place after September 1, 2022. If construction is delayed, please contact Glenn Holmes firstname.lastname@example.org to request your judging to be deferred until the following year.
The 1st place winner in the New Home Competition in 2019, is not eligible to enter in 2022.
Entry deadline – June 30, 2022
Criteria for judging & Scoring:
• General overall appearance and curb appeal 350 points
• Degree of new home and new building construction completion 150 points
• Planting and/or preservation of existing trees on property 150 points
• Fences and/or hedges 100 points
• Provision of suitable lighting of entrance from highway/driveway/yard 100 points
• Free of litter along highway, driveway, entrance, etc. 75 points
• Lawn construction 150 points
• Planting of flowers (gardens & planters) 150 points
• Flag flying 75 points
• Signs, mailbox and Civic number where applicable 100 points
Total Possible Points: 1500 points