Commercial Building Improvement Competition
First Prize: $300.00
Second Prize: $250.00
Any commercial building in a community such as, but not limited to: Stores, Office Buildings, Service Stations, Apartment Buildings, Restaurants, privately owned Nursing Homes, etc. A list of improvements you plan to make must accompany the entry form. Photographs of the community building and surroundings before the improvements commence, must accompany the entry or they can be emailed to Glenn Holmes: firstname.lastname@example.org All photographs will become the property of the Prince Edward Island Rural Beautification Society. The commercial building must be in Rural PEI (excluding Charlottetown & Summerside). Improvements must be completed by September 01, 2023.
Judging will commence after September 01, 2023. If your renovations are delayed, contact Glenn Holmes email@example.com to request your judging to be deferred until the following year.
Entry deadline – June 30, 2023
Criteria for judging & Scoring:
• Overall appearance and curb appeal of property 300 points
• Repairs to and improvement of buildings 200 points
• Painting 150 points
• Improvement in/or planting of shrubs, hedges on property 100 points
• Removal of buildings, dead trees, weeds, garbage, etc. 100 points
• Fences around buildings 50 points
• Flowers (gardens & planters) 100 points
• Improvement in the approach to property including paving and gateway 100 points
• Provision of suitable lighting on buildings and parking areas 100 points
• Lawn 100 points
• Free of litter on highway frontage with grass trimmed 150 points
• Canadian/Provincial flag displayed 50 points
• Property identification and/or signage 100 points
Total Possible Points: 1600 points
Reminder: Photographs of the property before commencing improvements are required.