Community Building Improvement Competition
Sponsored by PEI Credit Unions
First Prize: $300.00
Second Prize: $250.00
Third Prize: $200.00
Any building in a community excluding a single-family residence and auxiliary buildings, such as, but not limited to Post Office, Schools, Churches, Church Halls, Community Buildings, etc. A list of improvements you plan to make must accompany the entry form. Photographs of the community building and surroundings before the improvements commence, must accompany the entry or they can be emailed to Glenn Holmes email@example.com. All photographs will become the property of the Prince Edward Island Rural Beautification Society.
The Competition must be entered by an individual or a community organization such as Women’s Institutes, 4-H Clubs, Canadian Legion Branches, Religious organizations, Chamber of Commerce, Service Clubs, Community Councils, Village Commission, Town Councils, etc., in any rural community in Prince Edward Island (excluding Charlottetown and Summerside).
Improvements must be completed by September 01, 2022. Judging will take place after September 01, 2022. If your renovations are delayed, please contact Glenn Holmes firstname.lastname@example.org to request your judging to be deferred until the following year.
Entry deadline – June 30, 2022
Criteria for judging & Scoring:
• General overall appearance and curb appeal of property 300 points
• Repairs to and improvements of buildings 150 points
• Painting 150 points
• Improvement in/or planting of shrubs, hedges on property 100 points
• Removal of buildings, dead trees, weeds, garbage, etc. 100 points
• Fences around buildings 100 points
• Flowers (gardens and planters) 100 points
• Improvement in the approach to the property including paving and gateway 100 points
• Provision of suitable lighting of gateways, driveway and yards 50 points
• Lawn 100 points
• Free of litter on highway frontage with grass trimmed 100 points
• Flag flying 50 points
• Property identification and mailbox (where applicable) 100 points
Total Possible Points: 1500 points
*Reminder: Photographs of the property before commencing improvements are required.