Home Improvement Competition
Provincial Prize Sponsor - Veseys Seeds
Prince County Sponsor - Monaghan Farms
Prince County Sponsor - Century 21 Northumberland Realty
Prizes by County:
First Prize: $300.00
Second Prize: $200.00
Third Prize: $100.00
An established residence, (domestic, modular, or mini home) located on no more than 10 acres of land, with or without additional buildings. Renovations must be completed by September 1, 2022. A list of renovations you intend to compete must accompany the entry form. Photographs of the property prior to renovations commencing must accompany the entry form or they can be emailed to Glenn Holmes firstname.lastname@example.org. All pictures will become the property of the Prince Edward Island Rural Beautification Society. Properties must be in rural PEI (excluding Charlottetown & Summerside). Improvements to additional exterior structures such as (barns, sheds, storage buildings etc.) will be recognized, but improvements to the home are required. The Provincial winner in 2019 is not eligible to enter the Home Improvement Competition this year.
Judging will commence after September 01, 2022. If your renovations are delayed, please contact Glenn Holmes email@example.com to request your judging to be deferred until the following year.
The Provincial winner is not eligible to win a county prize. They will receive a special prize of a $500.00 gift certificate from Veseys Seeds to be used at the store, or towards the purchase of lawn /garden /golf or snow removal equipment.
Entry deadline – June 30, 2022
Criteria for judging & Scoring:
• Repairs and improvements to the home and exterior buildings 350 points
• Painting - all structures 150 points
• Protection and care of existing trees and/or planting of new ones 150 points
• Improvement in/or planting of shrubs, hedges on property 100 points
• Removal of buildings, dead trees, weeds, litter, etc. 100 points
• Fences around buildings 100 points
• Lawn maintenance 100 points
• Flowers 100 points
• Improvements to the entrance of property including driveway 100 points
• Provision of suitable lighting of gateways, lanes and yards 50 points
• Free of litter on highway frontage with grass trimmed 100 points
• General appearance of property 200 points
• Flag flying 50 points
• Signs, mailbox and Civic number where applicable 50 points
Total Possible Points: 1700 points
*Reminder: Photographs of the property before commencing improvements are required.