Farm Home Improvement Competition
First Prize: $1,000.00
Second Prize: $600.00
Third Prize: $400.00
Open to all farm home properties that have recently completed renovations. A list of renovations you intend to make and/or have completed, must accompany the entry form. Photographs of the property prior to renovations commencing must accompany the entry form or they can be emailed to Glenn Holmes email@example.com. All pictures will become the property of the Prince Edward Island Rural Beautification Society. All renovations must be completed by September 1, 2023. Judging will commence after September 01, 2023. If your renovations are delayed, contact Glenn Holmes firstname.lastname@example.org to request your judging be deferred until the following year.
Entry in the Farm Home Improvement Competition is open to those living on a “Farm Property” (Home and Farm Buildings) which is established on a minimum of ten acres of land. Properties must be located in rural PEI (excluding Charlottetown & Summerside). Improvements to additional exterior structures such as (barns, sheds, storage buildings etc.) will be recognized, but improvements to the farm home are required. The winner of the Farm Home Improvement Competition in 2022 is not eligible to enter this year.
Entry deadline – June 30, 2023
Criteria for judging & Scoring:
• Overall appearance and curb appeal 350 points
• Painting - all structures 150 points
• Protection and care of existing trees and/or planting of new ones 150 points
• Improvement in/or planting of shrubs, hedges on property 100 points
• Removal of buildings, dead trees, weeds, litter, etc. 100 points
• Fences around buildings 100 points
• Lawn maintenance 100 points
• Flowers 100 points
• Improvements to the entrance of property including driveway 100 points
• Provision of suitable lighting of gateways, lanes and yards 50 points
• Free of litter on highway frontage with grass trimmed 100 points
• Overall appearance and curb appeal 300 points
• Canadian/Provincial flag displayed 50 points
• Signs, mailbox and Civic number where applicable 50 points
Total Possible Points: 1800 points
*Reminder: Photographs of the property before commencing improvements are required.